Walt Disney Imagineering and ABC have proudly collaborated on “Imagine from Home,” a new interactive video series on the streaming apps for the ABC Owned Television Stations. In each episode, Disney Imagineers share their skills and passion by showing you step-by-step instructions to draw or craft something inspired by beloved Disney Parks attractions using materials you can likely find around your home.
From building a droid out of a soap bottle to creating an “it’s a small world” cardboard toy, get creative with Disney Imagineers and “Imagine from Home”! All five episodes, ranging in various levels of complexity, are now available on ABC Owned Television Stations’ 32 connected TV apps across Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and on imaginefromhome.com:
- Draw Your Castle with Imagineer Amy Young – Viewers learn to draw iconic Disney Castles with one of Imagineering’s principal interior designers. A co-creator of Disney Paper Parks, which allows guests to bring the magic of Disney Parks to their homes by constructing Disney attractions, lands and other locations out of paper, Amy enjoyed hosting this drawing tutorial because she is able to be with the audience during the whole drawing process.
- Build Your R2 Droid with Imagineer Matthew Jamieson Abiva – Matthew demonstrates how to transform common household items, like soap dispensers and corks, into an R2 droid. He is happy to show you the process because it symbolizes what Imagineers do – use imagination and creativity to develop a design!
- Draw Your Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with Imagineer Reid Ekman – From the overall scene to the tiniest of details, learn step-by-step how to create Big Thunder Mountain Railroad with concept designer, Reid, who often creates models out of paper and clay.
- Make Your Castle Night Light with former Imagineer Elisabeth Papadopoulos –Learn to use simple household items to create a castle night light with Elisabeth, who has worked as a producer and production designer at Walt Disney Imagineering. In her previous role as liaison between creative and concept development teams and design and production disciplines, she has organized and overseen the design and fabrication of many show elements including scenery, props, graphics, special effects, Audio-Animatronics figures, media, and more.
- Make Your Small World Animated Scene with Imagineer Xiao Qing Chen – Follow along step-by-step to learn how to turn cardboard into an animated scene, inspired by the beloved “it’s a small world” attraction. Xiao Qing describes her Imagineering designs as collaboration tools to move projects forward; most recently she has been working on the Fantasy Springs expansion at Tokyo DisneySea and EPCOT’s Journey of Water.
ABC Owned Television Stations’ viewers and Disney fans alike can stream “Imagine from Home” from the following stations’ apps available for download: ABC7/WABC-TV New York, ABC7/KABC-TV Los Angeles, ABC7/WLS-TV Chicago, 6ABC/WPVI-TV Philadelphia, ABC7/KGO-TV San Francisco, ABC13/KTRK-TV Houston, ABC11/WTVD-TV Raleigh-Durham, and ABC30/KFSN-TV Fresno.
I hope you have as much fun doing these #imaginefromhome activities at home as we had creating them, and remember to make each project your own, along with new Disney memories!
All content is property of the owner, unless otherwise specified. This content is not owned, or maintained by M & M Travel and Tours, and is used only for informational purposes. Please visit the content owners link via the source link for more information.