Recipe: Peanut Butter Blondies from Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats
Today I’m sharing the recipe of another delectable dessert at Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats on the Disney Dream – peanut butter blondies filled with caramel chocolate cream. We make these blondies with a fun “Wreck-It-Ralph” wafer on top, but you can get creative to decorate yours for the holidays or other special occasions.
Peanut Butter Blondies filled with Caramel Chocolate Cream
Makes 15 blondies
Ingredients: Peanut Butter Blondies
- 13 Oz White Couverture Chocolate / Chopped
- 5 Oz Unsalted Butter
- 1 Oz Crunchy Peanut Butter
- 14 Oz Brown Sugar
- 5 each Eggs
- 11 Oz All Purpose Flour
- 5 Oz
- Pecans / Chopped
- Dark Coating Chocolate for Dipping
- Melt the chocolate, butter and peanut butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Whisk the eggs and brown sugar together until thick.
- Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, and then fold in the flour and pecans.
- Pour the mixture in a prepared brownie pan and bake at 360 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes. The brownie should be soft in the middle.
- Remove the brownie from the oven to cool. Once cooled, cut into rectangle shapes.
Ingredients: Caramel Chocolate Cream
- 4 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 11 Oz White Couverture Chocolate / Chopped
- 4 Oz White Coating Chocolate / Chopped
- Place the heavy cream in a saucepan, and on low heat, warm the cream.
- Make a caramel with the sugar by adding a small portion of the sugar in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Stir the sugar constantly as it starts to melt and turn golden brown. Continue to add the remainder of the sugar into the hot caramel.
- When the caramelized sugar turns to a golden color, carefully pour the warm cream into the caramel. Stir in the cream until all the sugar and cream is combined and there are no lumps.
- Pour the hot caramel mixture over the two white chocolates and stir together until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the dark coating chocolate in a bowl over a double boiler saucepan on low heat. Stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove the bowl from the heat.
- To assemble the peanut butter blondies, dip the brownies into the melted chocolate. As you remove the brownie, scrape off the excess chocolate and place on trays with wax paper on the bottom. Let the chocolate set.
- Place the caramel chocolate cream in a pastry bag with a plain nozzle on the end of the bag tip. Pipe the caramel chocolate over the blondie and decorate accordingly.
Find out more about Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats from my previous posts:
- The Inside Scoop on Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats aboard the Disney Dream
- 7 Fun Facts about Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats on the Disney Dream
- Recipe: Oreo Cookies from Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats
Recipe: Peanut Butter Blondies from Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats by Kelly Vanarsdall: Originally posted on the Disney Parks Blog