Rajasthan Tourism – Top Ten Travel Destinations to Visit
Rajasthan, the largest state of India, is one of the most popular tourism destinations in India. The state has great tourism potential and enthralls tourists and vacationers with its awe-inspiring tourism options in the forms of culture, tradition, temples, art & architecture, history, forts & palaces, monument, havelis, wildlife sanctuaries & parks, rippling sand dunes, Thar Desert, etc. There are many fascinating travel destinations in the state which can be visited, explored and enjoyed on your travel and tours in this royal state of India. Let’s have a look at top ten travel destination of Rajasthan tourism.
1. Jaipur – Also known as the Pink City of India, Jaipur is the state capital city and very popular tourist destination in India. Worth visit attractions in Jaipur city are City Palace, Albert Hall Museum, Hawa Mahal, Jantar Mantar, Amber Fort, Jaigarh Fort, Nahargarh Fort and Heritage Hotels.
2. Udaipur – Also known as the City of Lakes, Udaipur is a city in the state known for its elegant palaces and lovely lakes. It is one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in India. Key attractions of tourist interest in the city are City Palace, Jagdish Temple, Lake Palace, Pichola Lake, Fateh Prakash Palace, Monsoon Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Udai Sagar Lake, Eklingji Temple, Nagda Temple, etc.
3. Jodhpur – Also known as the Blue City of India, Jodhpur is the second largest city in the state. It is a wonderful tourist place to be visited on Rajasthan travels and tours with attractions like mammoth Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada Memorial, Umaid Bhawan Palace, Mandore Gardens and many heritage hotels.
4. Jaisalmer – Also known as the Golden City of India, Jaisalmer is known for Golden Fort, Jain Temples, Havelis and an exciting trip to rippling sand dunes of vast Thar Desert.
5. Bikaner – Also known as the Camel City, Bikaner is a wonderful tourist place to visit in Rajasthan. It holds a prime position in boosting tourism in Rajasthan with major attractions like Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Palace, Havelis, and sand dunes.
6. Pushkar – Pushkar is a holy city in Rajasthan. It is one of the most sacred cities in India with lots of attractions like Lord Brahma Temple, Gayatri Temple, Savitri Temple, Pushkar Lake, Pushkar Palace, Rose Gardens, Pushkar Ghats, etc.
7. Ajmer – Ajmer is a world famous Muslim pilgrimage centre and tourist place. It is predominantly famous for Ajmer Sharif Dargah. The Dargah is equally revered by people of both faith Hindu and Muslim. There are many other attractions in Ajmer which enhance tourism in Rajasthan, India.
8. Mandawa – Located in Shekhawati Region, Mandawa is one of the most popular destinations of Rajasthan tours and travels. It is widely known for beautifully painted havelis containing exquisite frescoes, murals, miniature paintings and wall paintings. Prime attractions of Mandawa are Havelis and Fort Mandawa Castle.
9. Ranthambhore – Ranthambore is one of the most popular destinations of Rajasthan tourism. It is globally famous for Ranthambore Tiger Reserve & National Park. The park is rich in its flora and fauna. The key attractions of the park are tigers, Ranthambore Fort, Jogi Mahal and ancient banyan tree.
10. Bharatpur – Bharatpur is a beautiful town in the state with attractions like Keoladeo Ghana National Park (formerly known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary), Lohagarh Fort, Bharatpur Palace, etc.
These destinations are very popular among tourists and vacationers from all over the world and various Rajasthan tour operators as well. You will surly love to visit, explore and enjoy these deserving tourist places of Rajasthan, the Royal State of India.