14 Feb Norwegian Recognizes Top Travel Partners: Names Cruise Planners 2016 Elite Agency Of The Year
Norwegian Recognizes Top Travel Partners: Names Cruise Planners 2016 Elite Agency Of The Year
Travel Leaders Network, Signature Travel, Travel Planners International and Expedia CruiseShip Centers also take top honors
Miami, FL – Dec 19, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line has named South Florida-based Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, its 2016 Elite Agency of the Year. Cruise Planners was selected for this top honor based on their ongoing commitment to the success of Norwegian Cruise Line, their overall revenue, continued growth, and loyalty to Norwegian’s brand.
“As our partnership with Norwegian Cruise Line gets stronger each year, earning Elite Travel Agency of the Year is a proud accomplishment that showcases the relationship between Norwegian Cruise Line and Cruise Planners,” said Michelle Fee, CEO and co-founder of Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative. “Norwegian is committed to travel agent success through its Partners First initiative. We appreciate how the brand matches our goal of keeping veteran clients satisfied with superior customer service while reaching first-time cruisers through innovations. We are confident that next year will bring even more success for the incredible partnership between Norwegian Cruise Line and Cruise Planners.”
Norwegian Cruise Line also recognized the following travel partners in their respective categories:
– Elite Partner of the Year: Cruise Planners
– Marketing Partner of the Year: Travel Leaders Network (Vacation.com)
– Consortia Partner of the Year: Signature Travel Network
– ITP/Home Based Partner of the Year: Travel Planners International
– Franchise Partner of the Year: Expedia CruiseShipCenters
– Partner of the Year – Canada: Travel Professionals International
– Partner of the Year – Western Region: Travel Leaders Lynnwood
– Partner of the Year – Eastern Region: Cruises & Tours Unlimited
– Breakout Partner of the Year: KHM-
– Online Partner of the Year: International Voyager
– Tour Operator Partner of the Year: Cross Culture Tours
– Wholesale/Tour Operator of the Year: Air Canada Vacations
– CM&I Partner of the Year: Hospitality Performance Network Global
– CM&I Breakout Partner of the Year: Entertainment Cruise Productions
– CM&I Charter Partner of the Year: Landry & Kling Events at Sea
Norwegian also honored Jackie Friedman of Nexion, part of the Travel Leader’s Network, as the line’s Travel Agent Advocate of the Year, an award for individual contribution to the trade. A longtime ASTA supporter, Jackie is a strong advocate of the entire travel industry, leading one of the industry’s top host agencies.
“We congratulate all of the 2016 top travel partners and extend our sincere appreciation for their commitment, dedication and passion for the Norwegian Cruise Line brand,” said Camille Olivere, senior vice-president of sales for Norwegian Cruise Line. “Our highly-valued travel partners are the key to the ongoing success of Norwegian Cruise Line and we applaud them for all of their hard work in 2016.”
As a show of appreciation, Cruise Planners will receive one cruise for two guests in some of the most luxurious accommodations at sea, Norwegian’s exclusive ship-within-a-ship, The Haven by Norwegian®. All of the other winners will receive a seven-day cruise for two in a balcony stateroom on the Norwegian Cruise Line ship of their choosing.
About Norwegian Cruise Line
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably, Norwegian revolutionized the cruise industry by offering guests the freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation on their schedule. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Feel Free” to explore the world on one of 14 purpose-built ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea.
Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the ninth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” for the third time and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” for the fifth straight year by the World Travel Awards.